Learn how to apply for a Renaissance Scholarship.
Applying For A Scholarship
The Alabama Accountability Act of 2013 gives parents of Alabama K5-12 students the flexibility to choose the school environment that best serves the unique learning needs of each child. At Renaissance Scholarships, Inc., we believe that high achieving students should be able to attend schools that offer rigorous academics in a college preparatory program. To make this possible, we provide scholarship funds to apply toward tuition and fees at high performing schools across the state. Click here to see our Partner Schools.
Is your Child eligible to apply for a scholarship?
Students may access a scholarship from RSI if:
- He/she been accepted to one of our Partner Schools.
- The total household annual income does not exceed 250% of the federal poverty level. Families can earn up to 350% after the first year. Students with IEPs or 504 Plans are exempt from the income requirements.
2024-2025 School Year
- New applicants who are zoned to a “Priority School” and students renewing a scholarship from RSI receive first consideration. Priority Schools are public schools that received a D or F on the Alabama State Report Card. Click here to see your schools’ grade.After July 31, scholarship awards may be given to any new student whose family/household meets the income requirement.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
When may I apply for a scholarship?
Renewal Scholarships may apply beginning Feb 15th.
New applicants may apply for 1st time scholarships beginning April 1st.
How To Apply
A student must first be admitted to one of the Participating Schools before they can apply for an RSI scholarship.
Once a student has been admitted to a participating school, that Partner School will recommend the student to Renaissance Scholarship if they believe they qualify. He/she will be provided with a Parent Handbook and code to apply for a scholarship.
Start collecting the Required Documents for the scholarship application. You will submit these documents in the online application. The required documents for all applicants are as follows:
- Your 2023 Alabama State Return (Form 40) or Statement of Non-Filing Form (SNF).
- Documentation for all additional forms of household income (Social Security benefits,1099/Schedule C, Welfare benefits, SNAP Benefits, 2023 W2, Unemployment Compensation, Child Support Documentation, Profit & Loss, etc.
- A Public-School Assignment Form (SAF).
- You can complete this by going to your school district office and having them confirm the public school that is zoned for your address.
- OR use links at the bottom up the SAF. Then screenshot your assigned public school with your home address clearly shown.
- 1st semester report card from the 23-24 school year.
Click on the “Start Scholarship Application” button below. You will be taken to the TADS website.
- Select the “Financial AID Assessment.” TADS uses the Financial AID Assessment for the Scholarship application.
- Create an account or if you have an account login.
- Next select “Financial Aid Application”.
- Once prompted enter the access code you received from RSI or our Partner School.
TADS will email you within 2-weeks of submission;
- To request missing documentation.
- To ask for clarification on the application.
- To inform you the application has been cleared and sent to RSI to review.
Renaissance will review your application. Families will be informed of their application status as follows.
- New and Renewal applicants zoned to a Priority School will be informed of their scholarship status as they clear, and spots become available.
- New and Renewal applicants NOT zoned to a Priority School will receive award notices on August 1st.
- Anyone not accepted to receive a scholarship will be informed no later than August 15th.